It is very important to keep track of your dental health. Scheduling an appointment every six months is critical to your overall health and well-being. Crestridge Dental in Burnsville, MN can help you stay up-to-date with your cleanings and more.
Some ways to practice preventative care are:
- Brush your teeth two-three times every day with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Fluoride toothpaste is the best to remove plaque and food particles
- Brush your tongue as well – plaque and bad breath germs can build up there
- Floss at least once a day
- Use mouthwash to freshen breath and kill germs
- Eat a balanced diet avoiding sugary snacks
- Raw vegetables, fruit, cheese, and plain yogurt can improve your oral hygiene
- Regular checkups for professional cleanings
- Ask about a special mouth guard to protect your mouth while playing sports
- Ask about sealants that place a protective coating on your chewing teeth
These services will greatly reduce the amount of fillings and other uncomfortable treatments you will need in the future. The dental hygienists at Crestridge Dental will remove plaque and tartar buildup and properly clean your teeth and gums each appointment. We will even teach you the best methods for brushing and flossing to keep your teeth feeling as smooth and clean as the day of your cleaning.
Our goal is the keep your mouth as healthy as possible and to utilize preventative care as well. Our dentists and hygienists are highly trained in the latest techniques to keep your mouth happy and healthy.
Call us today at 952-892-5050 to schedule your next dental cleaning.